Fairchild Television HD 2 FAQ
- Has HD broadcasting for Fairchild TV started yet?
- How does the channel Fairchild TV 2 HD differ from the original Fairchild TV channel?
- Is it possible to subscribe to Fairchild TV 2 HD without subscribing to Fairchild TV or Talentvision?
- What is the reason for advertising the channels Fairchild TV and Fairchild TV 2 HD as a package? Why can’t I just subscribe to Fairchild TV 2 HD?
- Is the content broadcasted on Fairchild TV 2 HD the same as Fairchild TV? I don’t have time to watch two channels, and switching channels is a nuisance. Why not just broadcast Fairchild TV in HD as well?
- Does Fairchild TV 2 HD offer HD TVB news? Is this new broadcasted live?
- The television set in my home is an older CRT television. Do I need to purchase a HD television set to be able to watch Fairchild TV 2 HD?
- How much does an HD box cost?
- How can I subscribe to Fairchild TV 2 HD? What is the cost?
- After subscribing to Fairchild TV 2 HD, can I cancel my subscription at any time?
- Is Fairchild TV 2 HD really high definition? Is it 720 or 1080?
- What is the difference between Fairchild TV 2 HD and TV Pad?
- Which service providers currently offer Fairchild TV 2 HD?
- Are there any requirements (such as purchasing a newer television set) that need to be fulfilled in order to watch Fairchild TV 2 HD?
- Where can I find the program guide for Fairchild TV 2 HD?
- Does Fairchild TV 2 HD have different channels for Eastern Canada and Western Canada like the original Fairchild TV channel?
- Why does Fairchild TV HD 2 start broadcasting television dramas from the middle episodes of the drama?
- Do the dramas broadcasted on Fairchild TV 2 HD have a double audio function?
- Why can’t Fairchild TV 2 HD be streamed online?
- How much of the content broadcasted on Fairchild TV 2 HD is in high definition.
- Recently, dramas broadcasted from Fairchild TV through Rogers cable HD box has switched from double audio track to single Mandarin track. What is the reason for this change?
- How can Shaw Cable users view Fairchild Television HD 2?
- Motorola DCX3200
- Motorola DCX3400
- Pace Aspen
- Pace Summit
- Shaw Gateway
Fairchild Television has already launched brand new high definition channel: Fairchild TV 2 HD. The content broadcasted in Fairchild TV 2 HD is completely different from the original channel. Also, while Fairchild TV is still running on standard definition, Fairchild TV 2 HD is running on high definition.
Fairchild TV 2 HD offers 24/7 high definition dramas, entertainment, variety, and other programs that are broadcasted in step with Hong Kong TVB. Fairchild TV is also gradually working on local programs that will also be recorded and broadcasted in high definition.
According to regulations set by the CRTC (Canadian Radio-Television and Telecommunications Commission), the channel Fairchild TV 2 HD must be purchased as a packaged deal. If you would like to subscribe to Fairchild TV 2 HD, you must also subscribe to Fairchild TV.
The CRTC recognizes five different ethnic broadcast languages: Greek, Italian, South Asian Languages and Cantonese. Under the CRTC’s category B regulation, channels broadcasted using any of the five ethnic languages must be subscribed to in pairs; therefore, Fairchild TV 2 HD and Fairchild TV must be subscribed to simultaneously.
Although many viewers are now using television systems that support High Definition broadcasting, there are still viewers who use the traditional standard definition broadcasting systems. In order to accommodate all viewers’ preferences, we have newly launched the new HD channels Fairchild TV 2 HD. This channel broadcast programs that differ from the original Fairchild TV, giving viewers a larger variety of programs to enjoy.
Because TVB currently sends its news broadcasts to us in standard definition broadcasting, Fairchild TV 2 HD broadcasts Hong Kong satellite news, which we receive in SD signals via satellite. In the future, if TVB begins to send new broadcasts out overseas in HD, we will arrange to broadcast the HD TVB news programs.
Fairchild TV sends out Fairchild TV 2 HD channel in HD signals. It is possible that Bell TV and other service providers that support the new HD channels will change these signals to accommodate different television sets. If you are currently using an older television set, there is no need to purchase a HD television yet. If you are having problems with viewing Fairchild TV 2 HD channel, please contact your local service provider for technical support.
As the cost for the HD box is different for each service provider, please contact your local service provider for information on pricing for the two HD channels.
Due to difference in packages and pricing for Fairchild TV 2 HD between different service providers, please contact your local service provider for information on pricing and subscribing for the two HD channels.
Probably. However, because each service provider is different, some require a contract while others do not. For more information please contact your local service provider.
The resolution for all HD content that Fairchild TV sends out to service providers is 1080i.
Fairchild TV 2 HD is broadcasting contents from TVB with legal permission from TVB itself. TV Pad differs in that it does not legally have permission to broadcast TVB content. TVB is currently taking legal action against any corporations that are illegally broadcasting its content.
Fairchild Television HD 2 is now available to viewers across Canada through Canada’s main service providers. The channel for Shaw Cable is 550, the channel for Rogers Cable is 674, the channel for Bell Satellite TV is 721, the channel for Bell Fibe TV is 705, and the channel for Telus Optik TV is 2803. Please contact your service provider for any inquiries.
Fairchild TV 2 HD does not require new television sets in order to enjoy its programming.
Program guides for Fairchild TV 2 HD is posted on Fairchild TV’s website www.fairchildtv.com. The program guides are also published in PLEM magazine. Viewers in Toronto can look in SingTao newspaper for the program guide. SingTao food guide, (published every Wednesday) also contains the program guide for Fairchild TV 2 HD.
Unlike the original Fairchild TV channel, Fairchild TV 2 HD only has one channel across Canada. However, we have taken into consideration the time difference between the East and West coasts and will be broadcasting programs multiple times during the day in order to accommodate viewers on both sides of Canada. Viewers on both the East and West coasts can enjoy the HD channel without worrying about inconvenient timing.
Because Fairchild TV 2 HD broadcasts programs in step with TVB in Hong Kong, programs on Fairchild TV 2 HD are broadcasted in consideration to what was broadcasted that day in Hong Kong; therefore, dramas will not necessarily begin broadcasting from episode 1.
Unfortunately, television dramas obtained from TVB for broadcast on Fairchild TV 2 HD do not come with a Cantonese/ Mandarin double audio track. However, we understand the demand for this option and is working hard towards a solution.
The permission that Fairchild TV has obtained from Hong Kong TVB to broadcast TVB content on Fairchild TV 2 HD does not include online streaming; therefore Fairchild TV 2 HD cannot be streamed online.
Currently the estimated amount of high definition broadcasted content on the two channels is about 80%. Fairchild TV is working to increase this percentage by looking towards producing some local programs with HD technology.
According to information we have received from Rogers Cable, there have been problems with the newer versions of the HD box such as Cisco Explorer 4642 or 8642 HD. Rogers is aware of the problem as in working on a solution. From today on, to correct the audio track problem, please reset your HD box. If the problem is not fixed after taking this step then please contact Rogers Cable at 1-888-764-3771 for technical support.
Shaw Cable provides channels for Fairchild Television HD 2 in both high definition and standard definition quality. If your cable box is of one listed below, you can enjoy Fairchild Television HD 2 in high definition quality on channel 550, other users may turn to channel 551 for Fairchild Television HD 2 programming in standard definition.
Cable Boxes that support the HD quality channel on 550 are as listed below:
If you are not a user of the cable boxes listed above, you may view Fairchild Television HD 2 on channel 551. Certain HD cable boxes may automatically receive signals for channel 551 in HD quality. Channels 550 and 551 are both Fairchild Television HD 2, and both channels broadcast the same programs. If you are unable to view Fairchild Television HD 2 on both channels, or have any inquiries about channel subscriptions please contact Shaw Cable at 301-7429 (for Mandarin services press 2, for Cantonese services press 3).